Special Education

Parent Resources

  • If you have a concern about your school-aged child’s learning or behavior, the first step is to talk to your child’s teacher or the school principal about your concerns. If this step is unsuccessful, you should ask school personnel about making a referral to the campus counselor who in turn can meet with your child's team of teachers and other personnel to discuss any learning or behavioral concerns your child may be displaying.

    Before a child who is experiencing difficulty in the general education classroom is referred for a special education evaluation, the child should be considered for all support services available to all children. These services may include, but are not limited to: tutoring; remedial services; response to scientific, research-based intervention; and other academic or behavior supportservices.