Federal Funding Plans
Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) II & III
Supplemental ESSER Grant Program (ESSER-SUPP)
In March, the American Rescue Plan (ARP) was signed into law and includes $122 billion in Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds for school districts across the country. The purpose of ESSER, in general, is to award subgrants to local educational agencies to address the impact that COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, on elementary and secondary schools.
London ISD’S SHARE OF FUNDS:
- London ISD ESSER II FUNDS: $199,500
- The intent and purpose of the CRRSA Act of 2021, ESSER II funding is to prevent, prepare for, or respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, including its impact on the social, emotional, mental health, and academic needs of students.
- London ISD ESSER-SUPP FUNDS: $310,192
- To address a small number of school systems that have more direct COVID-19 expenses and/or projected costs for learning loss recovery than they will receive under CRRSA ESSER II and ARP ESSER III formula funding, the Texas Legislature authorized under TEC Section 29.930 as added by House Bill 1525, 87th Legislature, Regular Session, a portion of the state’s discretionary ESSER III funding to provide additional resources to pay for unreimbursed costs due to the coronavirus pandemic and for intensive educational supports for students not performing satisfactorily.
- London ISD ESSER III FUNDS: $448,192 (Expended $359,377, Balance $88,815 for 2022 - 2023)
- The intent and purpose of ARP of 2021, ESSER III funding is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students.
These funds are designated for one-time or short-term expenditures to address the impact of the pandemic. All funds must be used by September 30, 2023 (ESSER II and ESSER III).
Back to School Overview
LISD is starting the school year with many of the same health and safety protocols from last year remaining in effect. The hope is to minimize any cases of COVID-19, variants, or other viruses by being proactive with protection measures. Some of the measures include electronic temperature readings at school entrances, hand sanitizing stations, district-provided cleaning supplies for teachers, and deep cleaning in the event of illness.
Protect Our Pirates (Health Surveillance System)
Back to School Information
Full Plan Documents