School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
A School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is a group appointed by the school district to serve at the district level.
- Members of the SHAC come from different areas of the community and from within the school district.
- Texas law requires the establishment of a SHAC for every school district.
- SHACs are required to meet at least four times each year.
- SHACs assist the districts in ensuring that local community values are reflected in health education instruction.
- SHACs play an important role in strengthening the connection between health and learning.
- They can help parents and community stakeholders reinforce the knowledge and skills children need to stay healthy for a lifetime.
SHAC contact for London ISD is Dr. Alex Salazar. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (361) 855-0092.