Curriculum & Instruction
The mission of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction is to continuously improve the practice of teaching and learning by providing high quality data driven curriculum; essentially engaging all learners in authentic, innovative, and rigorous, learning. The department works closely with campuses to ensure both leaders and teachers are provided with focused professional development in order to implement best practices, and differentiate each student’s learning experience to meet their individual needs.
- Provide a quality standards-based curriculum that is vertically and horizontally aligned grades K-12
- Provide teachers the with tools and skills needed to regularly analyze student achievement data
- Provide quality staff development that supports instructional leaders, teachers and student achievement
- Support quality intervention programs for students who struggle academically and support programs that challenge students.
- Develop a common curriculum-based assessment program that will help teachers determine student progress and achievement