Phone: 361-855-0092 ext 1322
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kaitlyn Lowen
My name is Kaitlyn Lowen and I am thrilled to be London’s School Counselor! I played basketball at TAMUK and graduated with my BA in 2013. I recently obtained my M.Ed. from the University of St. Thomas and this is my second year as a school counselor. I enjoy spending time with my family, surfing, traveling, and reading!
I hope to help the students at London grow socially, emotionally, and academically! I offer a variety of services for you and our students:
- Guidance Lessons
- Lunch Bunch Groups
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Parent Consultations
- Community Referrals
- Individual Academic and Behavioral Plans
Check out my Counselor Corner Newsletter HERE to see what is new in the counseling program!
I meet with most children once a week for 45 minutes in a classroom setting. I use the Second Step curriculum in order to teach students important social and emotional skills. The Second Step program teaches skills in the following four areas:
- Skills for Learning: Students gain skills to help themselves learn, including how to focus their attention, listen carefully, use self-talk to stay on task, and be assertive when asking for help with schoolwork.
- Empathy: Students learn to identify and understand their own and others’ feelings. Students also learn how to take another’s perspective and how to show compassion.
- Emotion Management: Students learn specific skills for calming down when experiencing strong feelings, such as anxiety or anger.
- Problem Solving: Students learn a process for solving problems with others in a positive way
Practice at Home!
Please chec out these links for practice Home Links from Second Step! These Home Links allow you to reinforce concepts we have learned in our guidance lessons!