London School Libraries promote literacy through:
- Providing books at all reading levels with our best efforts to have age-appropriate materials.
- Providing "New Reads" to encourage enthusiasm and excitement for reading.
- Providing a quiet atmosphere for students to read.
- Providing Media Rich Online Resources such as Encyclopedia Britannica online, Gale, EBSCO in TexQuest and Discovery Education.
- STAR Reading assessment to place students at the appropriate reading level for comprehension growth.
- Accelerated Reading (AR) computer testing program which gives students the opportunity to quiz on books they have read to monitor comprehension growth and vocabulary.
- The Books are leveled in the library with an AR sticker, point value, and reading levels.
- Students can spend points earned at the AR store at the end of the six weeks.
- Waves of Pages Program K-5th
- Reading Workshop Challenge-7th Grade
- Book Fairs
- Book Clubs
Would you like to add to our collection?
Click on the image below to view requests from
the Primary, Intermediate, and MS/HS Library.